Evercore has played an instrumental role in the development of the real estate industry in Mexico. In March 2011, Evercore participated as sole advisor and structuring agent in the placement of the first REIT-like Fideicomiso de Inversión en Bienes Raíces (FIBRA) in the Mexican market and the first real estate finance vehicle through the public market in Latin America. Fibra Uno’s public offering in the Bolsa Mexicana de Valores and in the international market through 144A and Reg S, consisted of an issue of Certificados Bursátiles Fiduciarios Inmobiliarios (CBFIs) for an amount of $ 3,615,018,089 pesos (aprox $301 million USD).
On November 2012, Evercore also served as sole advisor and structuring agent in the placement of the second Mexican FIBRA in the public market and first specialized in urban business-class hotels in Mexico, FibraHotel. FibraHotel’s public offering in the Bolsa Mexicana de Valores and in the international market through 144A and Reg S consisted of a CBFIs issue for an amount of $ 4,136,805,535 pesos (aprox $320 million USD).
Evercore also participated as sole advisor and structuring agent in the first equity follow-on of FIBRA UNO for an amount of $8,876,562,500 (aprox $690 million USD) in March 2012; and on January 2013, Evercore advised FIBRA UNO again in the second equity follow-on for an amount of $22,050,000,000 (aprox $1,733 million USD). Recently Evercore advised FibraHotel in its first equity follow-on for an amount of $4,877,725,000 (aprox $380 million USD).
FIBRAs are similar to real estate investment trust, or REITS, that offer the opportunity to invest in real estate through the stock market, in a liquid instrument indexed to inflation and supported with properties. They offer diversification to institutional investors and opened up an alternative source of financing for real estate developers. Also, FIBRAs will contribute to close the competitive gap between Mexico and other emerging economies where there are now similar instruments, promoting domestic and international real estate investments in the country.
Evercore’s leadership in the industry is evidenced by its track record. To date, Evercore has participated in structuring 5 of the 9 equity offerings in the FIBRAs’ market, for a total aggregate amount of $43,556,111,124 pesos (aprox $3,400 million USD).
• Advisory in structuring and placements of Fideicomisos de Inversión en Bienes Raíces (FIBRAs) in the public markets
• Raising capital, debt and mezzanine financing for stabilized or under development real estate projects, as well as other structured financing vehicles in the private market
• Evercore was the first Investment Bank that advised an affordable housing developer to obtain financing from foreign Private Equity funds in 1997
• Advisory in merges and acquisitions, as well as in the purchase and sale of real estate assets
• Advisory in the strategic growth planning and institutionalization of real estate companies
• In the acquisition, during 2001, of what until then was the largest shopping center in Latin America;
• Mexico’s first sale of a real estate portfolio to a foreign pension fund led by Calpers, being the biggest transaction of the real estate industry in Latin America in 2004;
• In the strategic planning of an industrial park established as the first free trade area authorized to operate in the country
• In the sale of Grupo Concord’s ownership of Inmobiliaria Parque Reforma and Decosa to the Spanish group Acciona;
• The creation of the Development Join Venture of the real estate project Costa Baja Resort & Marina between Grupo Inmobiliario Concord and Prudential Real Estate Investors.
Ciudad de México
Pedregal # 24, 15nd Floor,
Col. Molino del Rey.
Del. Miguel Hidalgo
Tel: (55) 5249 4300
Fax: 5249 4334
Batallón de San Patricio 111, Piso 29
Torre Comercial América, Col. Valle Oriente
San Pedro Garza Garcia, N.L. C.P. 66269
Tel: (81) 8133 5500
Fax: 8133 5526